Sunday, January 15, 2012

Blog Awards!

Since starting this blog not too long ago, I've developed a few amazing followers whose blogs are becoming fast favorites! Some of these great teachers have even nominated me for blog awards that they'd been awarded...

First off thanks to Julia: Loving and Learning in Pre-K Emily: Ms. Emily Shell and Amy: The Resource(ful) Room! for the Versatile Blogger Award.



Here are the rules for accepting the award:

1. Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they've received an award!

As for 7 things about myself....
1. I am originally from Florida, but I've lived in NYC for over 5 years now and I love it!
2. When I was in elementary school, my teachers would give me tons of worksheets at the end of the school year and I would use them all summer to play school with my cousins (and anyone else I could convince to play).
3. Dancing was my biggest passion growing up. I took classes from a young age, went to a high school for the visual and performing arts (for dance) and minored in it in college. A broken foot in 2010 led me to take a break and I'm having a hard time getting back into it (though I still dance around my apartment).
4. I am a teacher of the deaf so I speak and use sign language in my classroom. Don't be mislead to think that my classroom is a quiet place though since we use our hands for communication!
5. To fill my love of dance, I started coaching cheerleading this year. I work with 11 girls ranging from 4th-8th grade (they are also deaf).
6. I love to read.... I would read more if I could, but I set an annual goal of reading 50 books a year. I'd love some book recommendations if you've read anything wonderful lately or in the past!
7. While I absolutely love what I do, I really want to go back to school for my doctorate (in Audiology). I plan on waiting a few more years, but I really miss academia.

Rather than passing the award on to 15 other bloggers, I am going to make a resolution to check out some other new blog this weekend since everyone I read has already received the awards!


Also, thanks to Miss DeCarbo: Second Grade Sugar and Spice for the Liebster Blog Award!



Definitely check out the 4 fabulous blogs mentioned above if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment